Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty Thursday is a new blog ritual I'm starting.

Let me start with a little bit of a back story.

I have a degree in Radiology and I worked full time until Olivia was born, 5 1/2 years ago. When she was born, Mark and I decided that I would stay at home with the kiddos. So, we went from 2 paychecks to 1 paycheck. That meant, we had to scale back our spending. When Jacob was a baby, everything he wore was name brand (Gap, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, Nike, and every boutique brand you can think of). And, we went out to eat. A LOT. Obviously, we couldn't continue spending money like that. So, we stopped eating out. We only go to a restaurant 1 day per week and sometimes not at all. I cook every single night. I had a problem with dressing my kids though. I like name brands. Materialistic? Maybe a little. But, you can't beat the quality. Plus, the clothes are a lot cuter. I started buying my kids' clothes from eBay, but have since moved on to consignment sales and thrift stores. I find some awesome deals!! We have a great thrift store in town and another in a neighboring town. So, I go shopping at the thrift store once every week and I'm always surprised at what I find! And, I thought it would be fun to show you guys what I find every week too! Thrifty Thursdays.

This week was a good thrift store week for me! Here is a picture of what I found.

Here is what's pictured:

*3 Carter's sleeveless rompers (retail: $5.99) I paid $1.00 each.

*3 Land's End rompers (retail: $16.99) I paid $1.00 each.

*2 Carter's onesies (retail: $7.00) I paid $.50 each.

*2 GAP Curvy jeans--MY FAV!! (retail: $69.50) I paid $5.00 each.

Retail for all of this would have been: $221.94

I PAID $17.00 + tax!!!!!!!

I love love love thrift stores!!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

When I go up to Atlanta next time, I'm coming to see you and we can go thrift shopping! I never know where to look other than Once Upon a Child in tallahassee and most of their clothes aren't in good shape and kinda pricey for a consignment store!

The Layne Family said...

Better yet, I'll meet you in Atlanta and we'll hit thrift stores there! My mom shops at a Goodwill in Tallahassee that she loves. It's the one closest to Killarn (sp?). She always finds name brands for cheap! She goes to yard sales in that area also.