Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting Organized

Those of you who know me (in real life), know that I live in a very small 3 bedroom 2 bath house with 3 (sometimes 4) children, a husband and 3 cats (they live outside). Needless to say, organization is key around here. Or, it SHOULD be. But it's not. I read a comment from someone recently that stated,
"I have a very organized person trapped somewhere in the clutter within…I hope someday to liberate her! I CRAVE order yet for some reason simply can not overcome the chaos…it’s maddening…"
This sums it up PERFECTLY. I want to get organized, but I take one look at everything that needs to be done, get tremendously overwhelmed, and decide to play on Facebook instead. (Just being real.)
My main concern is developing a cleaning schedule and a different way to organize my coupons. So, imagine my DELIGHT when I saw this post on a blog I've just starting reading. I love her Homemaking Binder and I have everything printed and ready to go for tomorrow. I even printed off new Chore Charts for Jacob and Olivia because they keep asking me when they can start doing chores again. Imagine that, kids who WANT to help...you don't see that much in kids these days.
And, I think I found an awesome new way to organize my coupons, using a binder and baseball card inserts. This is the website I found and I like their organizing tips.
I mentioned yesterday that I'm changing my grocery shopping plan and I'm so excited about it! Yes, it may seem boring to some but it works for me. Mark gets paid monthly, so I have always shopped for groceries monthly. Well, I've decided that I can save more money and cut my grocery budget even more by shopping weekly. My plan is to make a weekly meal menu based on what's on sale for that particular week. We'll see if that works and how much money I save. Wish me luck!!

1 comments:

Chasity said...

I LOVE your blog! I have been planning my weekly menus by the sales every week for about 4 years now and that definitely saves us quite a bit of money. I just started couponing about 3 months ago and I have been saving around $400/month on average. I LOVE couponing! A friend at work got me started and it has definitely paid off. I'm not sure if the deals are the same but the website we use was created by a teacher in Tallahassee. She's even been on the Dr. Phil show. Her site is www.frugalcouponliving.com. It is GREAT! I don't use a binder because I found myself clipping too many coupons. I have a portable filing system (about 20 separate folders) and I file the coupons and then go back and clip the ones that I need when she refers to that particular coupon. Good luck! :o)